The second group of volunteers of "BarevTrails" eco-tourism development project has completed its work in Arpa Protected Landscape
During a week volunteers performed the following activities:
- Improved "Bezoar Goat", "Noravank" and "Chukar" trails
- Built a bridge and a “Bezoar Goats' vista point”
- Placed 32 informational signs describing the flora and fauna, as well as historical and cultural sites of the area
- Placed 4 informational booths at the start points of the trails, which provide visitors with comprehensive information about the trails,
- Implemented a complete marking of the trails according to the international standards
- Improved roads accessibility at the most difficult parts of the trails
- Painted the wall of the Areni Community Center's lobby with wildlife scenes to raise the level of environmental awareness of community members.
Volunteers also had an opportunity to visit a number of historical-cultural sites and natural monuments, getting acquainted with Armenian culture and wildlife.
Ultimately, the goal of the project is the improvement of infrastructures of ecotourism in the protected areas of southern Armenia (Khosrov Forest State Reserve, Arpa Protected Landscape, Planned Tatev National Park and Zangezur Biosphere Complex) and, in general, raising awareness of Armenia as an eco-friendly country.